27.3.11

I hate daylight savings...

I really need the hour that I have now lost. Because of it, I probably won't be able to take Pingu out in the pram so that he can get some fresh air. I'm off-schedule and in a bad mood because of it. Everything feels so wrong today...

I didn't make it to the gym until noon; I had been hoping to go between 10 and 11. Grrr. I did mostly upper body work and I'm still pathetically weak since I'm only able to do proper strength training once a week. My hips will be screwy for quite some time, or so they say, so no heavy squats for a while. Not sure what to do about the evil legs. I'll figure it out. Not this moment though... *grumble*

Running is getting better. I did some treadmill work yesterday and it felt pretty good. I warmed up for 10 minutes on the elliptical again, and I think next time I can cut that out and warm up on the treadmill, or cut it down to five minutes. We'll see. I was also able to run faster this time. But still too slow for me. Nonetheless, I think I'll be ready for some Tabatas next week. And hopefully in a few weeks it will be possible to run outside. It's starting to get warm enough, but it's rather dirty and nasty - lots of sand and gravel and leftover snow and other crap. It gets windy this time of year and all that crap blows into your eyes and you have to breathe it in too... yuck. They really need to clean up the streets soon...

Pingu is 11 weeks 1 day today, and I hope to get some photos taken since we didn't do anything last weekend. But as mentioned earlier, this daylight savings crap has thrown off the timing of everything... :-(

No comments: