29.1.10

(almost) barefoot running

So I did a session on the treadmill with my freaky fuschia Five Fingers!

I normally don't do cardio on Fridays, but we had a rather taxing Krav Maga training last night. Among other things, we did lots of groundwork, followed by 20 minutes of doing as many rounds of 7 squats + 7 sit-ups + 7 push-ups as possible, followed by 200 squats. I just couldn't handle doing strength training today...

Anyway, here's how I set up my treadmill session today:

2 1/2 minutes walking at 6.5 km/h, 2 1/2 minutes jogging at 9 km/h for 30 minutes, and then 2 minutes walking and 3 minutes jogging (same speed) for another 15 minutes

I didn't want to start too rough, but I didn't want to have a too easy workout either. I'm not sure how my body, especially my calves, will react to this. I think it will be OK, but you never know...

No comments: