1.1.10

10 for 2010

I don't do resolutions for the new year. I find them rather asinine. The typical example of new year's resolution asininity (is there such a word) is the gang of wannabes who join the gym, hog all the equipment and otherwise pretend they know anything about training (every year, at least someone tells me that lifting heavy weights will make me look like a male bodybuilder), and then disappear in February...

Still, it's nice to have life goals. I had been thinking of some things already, independent of the change from 2009 to 2010. Here are some of my goals for the near future...

1. Learn to use my camera properly, with all the manual settings and stuff. I guess the user manual and husband of feitpingvin's photography books, plus the nature photography book I got for Yule, would be a good start for all of this...

2. Visit at least two new countries. I've already ensured one new country, since my Yule gift to husband of feitpingvin is a long weekend in Dublin. Yes, I'm sneaky...

3. Stop setting fitness goals. The typical “I'm going to bench press 80 kg by the end of summer” kind of goals I usually set for myself. Every time I do that, I either get injured or in the case of this past December, I get sick. The sickness thing doesn't come too often. I'm just really fed up with the injuries...

4. Start writing in my blog(s) more often. I've been neglecting them due to “personal problems” or whatever my lame-ass excuse is, and I should cut out the excuses, because they're just lame-ass...

5. Learn a new, preferably marketable skill. Just because.

6. Learn more about wine. I'd like to take the knowledge I do have to a whole new level. This may involve going on more wine safaris. Oh the pain ;-P

7. Not get hung up regarding Krav Maga grading. When I started training, I said I wouldn't get hung up over grading, but I ended up doing so. If I grade this year, I grade. If not, I'm still the highest graded girl in my club. Unless someone who is G1 or higher shows up at our club. That would be nice though...

8. Try to keep my crap in order. Everything is a mess. It doesn't and shouldn't have to be...

9. Do more volunteer work, or at least try to. Hopefully with wildlife (bird rehab?) but maybe with people too...

10. Spend more time outdoors, for example by going hiking more often. Or cycling (which means I have to find a clever way to get out of downtown Oslo without getting killed, before getting onto the nicer cycling trails).

No comments: