22.1.07

hey batter batter... and a fashion advice bonus

We did defense against stick attacks yesterday. And by stick, I mean things like baseball bats, crowbars, etc. The counter-attacks are quite technically difficult. Amnon made it look so easy. I think it will get easy once I'm more experienced and at a higher level than I am now...

btw - something quite interesting (and somewhat "no shit Sherlock") is that how an attacker with a stick attacks you is more often than not determined by culture. In Europe you're more likely to face an "overhead" attack while in the US you'll be swung at like a baseball player swinging his bat. And of course England... cricket... (probably the same with South Africa, Pakistan, India, Australia, New Zealand)...

Despite the difficult techniques, we still had a lot of fun, especially at the end with all the crazy drills we had to do. Lots of 3-against-1 training. Plus one exercise where attackers hid/hung out in various areas of the building and attacked the rest of us as we walked around. Good stuff...

Speaking of good stuff, this is supposedly what hip and trendy men are supposed to be seen in. It'll make it much easier for me to tell if a guy is hot for me, and even better, much easier for me to hit my target. Because if I ever see any guy in something like that, I'm going to have to take a pre-emptive strike, just to save humanity... ;-)

No comments: