5.1.08

new year, new freaks... (where have we heard this before?)

If only I could resolve to never be a freak magnet again *sigh*

The first freak of the new year. 2nd of January, 2008.
It's one thing if you're going to assume I'm a certain nationality based on my looks. I could pass for lots of things and I'm sort of used to people trying to figure out what I am. Not that I ever tell them (it's not their damn business) unless I have a reason to tell them (like in a formal job interview or networking situation or something). I most certainly don't tell random strangers... but I digress...

Anyway, if you're going to come up to me assuming that I'm some nationality or other, and start speaking a language I don't understand as if you were my lifetime best buddy, and I ask you if you speak Norwegian, DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING PISSY WITH ME. And don't even think about saying you were trying to be nice, friendly, helpful, or whatever. You were being nosy and intrusive...

I can see how it's embarassing and sucky to be wrong, but sheeesh... what do you expect when you go off like that with a complete stranger?


The first gym freak(s) of the new year. 4th of January, 2008.
There was this one Middle Eastern-looking guy, all decked out in tank top and posing in front of the mirror, puffed out like some kind of animal during breeding season. He's one of those macho misogynistic types that tends to hate women in the free weights area. Another guy with the same Middle Eastern-look and the same made-for-posing outfit came up to greet him. They embraced and kissed each other on the cheek at least 5 times... *smooch* *smooch* *smooch* *smooch* *smooch*... you could hear the smooches echoing across the whole gym...

The funny thing is that there was this gay guy there (yes, I know he's gay, he's a regular and he's told me he's gay), watching and enjoying the whole scene with that funny pervy smile of his...

No comments: