21.9.06

well...

I tried doing some cardio this morning. After 30 minutes at an "easy" pace, I was feeling kind of dead. Usually on Tuesday and Thursday mornings I do 40-45 minutes of steady-state cardio, at a higher intensity than I was doing today, and I always feel refreshed and energized afterwards, not tired...

*sigh*

This means I'm still sick. It also means (most likely) no Krav Maga tonight either. This really sucks. I wanted to get in both workouts this week, as I'll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and then only hoped for tonight's workout... but no... :-( Of course if I feel better later on, I'll go, and if I feel like crap during the training I can always stop. But I'm not going to go if I'm feeling like crap in the first place... it's not worth making myself worse...

The all-around good news is that with all the hard training I do, and especially with sticking to a somewhat strict eating regimine since the beginning of August, I've lost all the flab I wanted to lose before this trip. (My eating and drinking habits had gotten way out of hand since spring, resulting in an out-of-control Ring of Fat, despite all the exercise I get.) It really wasn't that much of an effort either. My slightly deflated RoF is, however, not amused. But it'll get revenge. Click on restaurant names and the link to the menu on the restaurant page to get an idea of what I'll be stuffing the RoF with very soon... RoF will get its revenge and become bigger and stronger than ever before!

(And of course, it's back to The Program when I get home ;)

No comments: