12.2.12

Pingu shenanigans

Pingu has started playing with building blocks a lot. He also has this toy where you can put different shaped blocks into the correct shaped holes in a bigger box. Well, this particular toy has pink triangle blocks that he absolutely hates for some reason or other (he normally doesn't mind pink)...

Last weekend while cleaning up all the blocks he has, we discovered that the pink triangles were missing and that a few of these really nice building blocks were also missing.

Hmmm...

We looked pretty much everywhere. In drawers, under tables and the sofa, in bags... I even dug through the rather full and nasty garbage bag to see if I could find the blocks. Nope...

So we figured they would turn up eventually but we were still a bit distressed...

A day later, Pingu and I were playing on the floor after I picked him up from barnehage. He was playing with his favorite blocks - these green cylinder-shaped blocks. Green seems to be his favorite color. Anyway, he suddenly crawled over to one of our speakers and put the green cylinder in the hole of the speaker. I took it out and gave the block back to Pingu. He screamed at me and then shoved the block back into the speaker hole with a very defiant look on his face. I had to stick my arm in to get the block and... lo and behold! A whole cache of blocks inside!

Silly penguin...

I managed to fish out most of the blocks but we had to shake out the other blocks, after unsuccessfuly trying to disassemble the speaker only to find that the parts were painted shut.

We've now stuffed some thick wool socks into the speaker holes so that this doesn't happen again :-D

No comments: