18.6.09

Krav Maga update...

Husband of feitpingvin and I had grading on Tuesday, and passed. We're Graduate Level 1 now. I have a shiny new blue patch and a gorgeous new diploma. The diplomas for graduate level are far prettier than the ones for practitioner level :-)

It was an extremely difficult grading, both physically and mentally, and I'm lucky I passed at all. Seriously. I just "wasn't there" the way I should have been. I kept faltering on the techniques (though I was able to execute them in the end). I was feeling really tired the whole time. I was also very thirsty the whole time; this had never happened with my previous gradings. But apparently I did well when doing some rounds of kickboxing, including rounds against guys who graded to Graduate Level 5. Boxing is something I really struggle with, especially due to my eye issues, so I'm kind of happy about this...

The ordeal lasted for three hours, and aside from a few short breaks, it was very high intensity all the way. I'm still very exhausted, and my muscles are very sore, especially my shoulders, triceps, and quads. I haven't really eaten properly after all of this either, because both of us are too tired to cook, in addition to not really having much of an appetite now, which is not helping in the recovery process. At least we've had some recovery beer hehe...

No comments: