17.6.07

trying to figure out a strength+power routine...

I'm on a Krav Maga break (for formal training anyway) until August. In the meantime, I need something to do, and after the strength drills from hell during Thursday's grading ("the Nazi" among other things), it's quite obvious I need to work on strength...

I still want to work on power, so I figured I'll do this during the summer:

day 1: legs + back (+ biceps)

day 2: shoulders + triceps + chest (+ biceps)

day 3: power/plyometrics (full body) and/or punch and kick work with the mitts (killer drills)

So far, I'm thinking Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday or Friday for this. I'm not quite sure how I want to set up the sets and reps. I'm not sure how I want to fit in abs either... maybe on my condition training days. Otherwise, condition training (both interval and steady-state) first thing in the morning Monday-Friday and maybe an extra jog or punching/kicking during my non-lifting/power days if I'm up to it.

Saturday will be my rest day.

We'll see how this works...

No comments: